I whisper through my fingers and through my camera lens, of life, joy, beauty and family.
I always listen to the whispers...they will tell the truth, if you simply listen.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

What If...

What if the only things you had today were the things you were grateful for yesterday?  I wasn’t outwardly grateful, yesterday.  I don’t think I even expressed thank you more than a couple times—once for my menu and maybe again for the bill when it came and for someone holding the door for me.  I don’t know, maybe I said it a few more times, 
but that isn’t gratitude in the real sense. 
  
Gratitude is something to be thoughtful about; pensive perhaps.  If I was only thankful for a menu and a dinner bill, I’d be dead this morning.  I should be thankful for breathing.  I’d be sitting here holding my breath until I turned blue and eventually pass out.  
 How many things do we take for granted every single minute of every single day?  I didn’t express gratitude for my home, my car, the gas in my car, or my closet bursting with clothes.  In the morning I would be sitting here all warm and.... no I wouldn’t be sitting here actually.. I’d be on the curb wearing rags. 
I didn’t express gratitude for my home.  I didn’t express gratitude in being able to draw or play my cello.  I wouldn’t have my cello this morning or my art.  I didn’t express gratitude for my pups—no wagging tails or happy licks for me this morning.   I didn’t express gratitude for the food in my refrigerator or the heritage turkey waiting to be roasted.  No, I’d be hungry this morning and all day today.  

The list is endless in what I should be grateful for… highest on my list would be breathing of course, but my wonderful family and dear friends come at the top of the list.  I can’t imagine waking up this morning without a single one of them.  They, are what I am thankful for.  I hope this means that tomorrow all these things will be here for me… 
💗
Happy Thanksgiving 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment