I whisper through my fingers and through my camera lens, of life, joy, beauty and family.
I always listen to the whispers...they will tell the truth, if you simply listen.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge

I love photography and Photoshop Elements, which led me to invest in an awesome new camera--Pentax K5.  I found an idea via Pinterest from White Peach Photo  challenging me to get out there and take more pictures.  You see, I'm a bit shy about taking pictures of strangers and of being noticed while snapping shots of street scenes, etc.  I tend to stick with nature and still life and I want to reach a little more and try new ideas.  

Being it's the beginning of September, I begin with a self-portrait.  This might prove to be the most challenging shoot.

                                 Day One:  Self-Portrait


I took this shot of my reflection in the mirror in our log home.  The lighting was golden and a bit harsh, so I played a little with the actions, to soften the too bright color.  The bevel on the mirror is distorting my shoulder a bit.
  
                     

G'night all....

No comments:

Post a Comment