I whisper through my fingers and through my camera lens, of life, joy, beauty and family.
I always listen to the whispers...they will tell the truth, if you simply listen.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Buddy has a new home!!  
Here's my happy boy grazing on some nice green grass--
a far cry from before!
He has a lovely indoor/outdoor stall with 
plenty of fresh bedding 
and 
three meals a day.
The text I got today said he has a new pasture mate too!
A sweet little filly named Twitch.
Rumor has it, Buddy is quite smitten with his new lady friend.
  ♡
 One of Buddy's new stable mates.  This beauty is huge!!  He measures at about 18 hands.
I'm thinking I'd like to ride him one day... but I think he needs a little more training.

♥

 Buddy is being rehabilitated at the moment.  Something horrible happened to him at his previous home, that has caused him to be lame in his hindquarters.  
Sadly, I can't ride him for awhile and I even tried lungeing him and that was causing my boy to not feel so good.  
So, I have retained a chiropractor--well respected in the horsey world--to come take a look at Buddy and see if he can relieve some of his soreness.
Eventually, my dream would be to take him on a trail ride such as the one shown above.
Alas, that might be a long way off.
☹
The other very bright spot in in my life is this shining face, below.
 My sweet granddaughter... loved spending the weekend with my Cammie Bear and my Kids.
Kory and I really packed it in... moved my horse, had a Cam Day, 
spent time with my Sister and Niece and Nephew,
Took in a Diamondback's game
and settled my Buddy into his new home.

Family and my loving pets make life worthwhile.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment